by Melia. Melia is a 2019 senior at Amador Valley High School and captain of the varsity cheer team.
In the summer when the temperature is north of 90 degrees and you're spending time outside, it's a great idea to make some healthy treats to keep yourself cool and energized.
1. Banana Nutella Roll Ups
This snack only takes 5 minutes to make and is perfect for a day at the pool or the beach with your friends. If you don’t love Nutella you could sub in peanut butter, or any type of nut butter really. A fun version of it is to use peanut butter and jelly.
4 Tbsp of nutella or peanut utter
2 soft flour tortillas
1. Spread nutella and/or peanut butter on the tortillas.
2. Peel the bananas and center one on each tortilla
3. Roll the tortillas tightly around the bananas.
4. Cut into pieces.
Makes two roll ups.
2. Strawberry Energy Bites
3. Strawberry Limeade Slushies
This drink is super refreshing, easy to make, and is great for the hottest of days! I love drinking this by the pool with my friends.
2 C ice cubes
¾ C water
¼ C lime juice
4 Tbsp sugar
1. Add everything to blender
2. Blend until smooth
3. Pour into cups and garnish with extra strawberries and lime wedges.
*Try adding 7Up for a tangy variation on this recipe.
Makes 4 smoothies.
4. Fruit Infused Water
I am a high school senior portrait photographer in the SF east bay area.